Built for the ages, this imposing Church of American Colonial style was designed by Edward J. Schulte of Cincinnati before the Second Vatican Council and dedicated on August 1, 1962.
Seating capacity: 1000
The exterior's brick and Indiana limestone has a free-standing bell tower 178 feet high.
The grand interior includes a main altar of onyx marble, a choir screen flanked with the 12 apostles in burnished gold and a 14-foot mahogany crucifix above. The abstracted stained-glass windows designed in Germany evoke the walls of heaven described in the Book of Revelation as "adorned with every jewel". The stained glass windows, described as a “sermon in color and light,” are of imported, antique, hand-blown glass fashioned by the T.C. Esser Studios in Wisconsin.
Fernando Germani paused in his New York City Bach series to play the official dedicatory recital
May 21, 1963 on the new Casavant organ of the Church.
From "Parish Pride" in The Catholic New World